New Delhi: Life Insurance Corp has hiked its stake in Power Finance Corp (PFC) to a little over 5 per cent after purchasing additional shares worth over Rs 3.82 crore through open market purchases.
PFC, a leading lender for power projects, today said Life Insurance Corp (LIC) bought more than 2,64,667 shares or 0.020 per cent stake valued at over Rs 3.82 crore. With this transaction, which happened on September 5, LIC’s total stake in the power sector lender has increased to 5.017 per cent.
The details were disclosed by PFC in a regulatory filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Prior to the latest acquisition of shares, LIC had 4.997 per cent stake in PFC. Shares of PFC jumped three per cent to close at Rs 150.20 on the BSE.
PFC’s product portfolio includes project term loan, equipment lease financing and consultancy services, according to its website
- LIC raises stake in ONGC to 9.5 pct after auction
- LIC hits jackpot on the back of rally in state-run companies
- English IC33 Latest Paper 1
- English New IC33 Paper 1
- Insurance Bill could be game changer for sector
- P Chidambaram asks insurance sector to focus on smaller towns
- e insurance
- IC38 Life – English Mock Test 1
- About LIC of india