FAQs About Premium Collections Received Through Net-Banking.
What are the benefits of paying your LIC premiums through net-banking/phone-banking?
You as our policyholder:-
* Can decide and authorize payments 24hrs a day * 7days a week because of anywhere & anytime access to internet.
* Can issue payment instruction within the comforts of your home or office, and avoid personal visit to LIC branch
* Will save time by not waiting in queues for making the payment.
* Can avail the free service from LIC, as you don’t have to pay any charges to LIC or its authorized agencies for this additional benefit.
* Can choose the bank account you want to pay from, any or all of your bank accounts can be registered with the service provider.
* Can decide in advance the date on which you want your account to be debited.
* Can choose to modify your instructions during the intervening time.
* Will get reminders and alerts by email from the banks and service providers about the premium dues.
* Can avoid expenses of postage/courier in sending the remittance to LIC.
* Can avoid demand draft/pay order charges for outstation policy premiums.
* Can also view your premium dues and other policy details
Which policies are eligible for payment of premiums through this facility?
* Policies which are being serviced in networked branches, or those policies which can be accessed through our MAN (Metro Area Network) or WAN (Wide Area Network).
* Policies which are of ordinary mode of payment ie. Yearly (Yly), Half-yearly (Yly) or Quarterly (Qly).
* Policies with mode of payments such as single premium, ordinary monthly (Mly) and Salary savings scheme (SSS) are not available for this facility.
* Policies should reflect in-force policy status. Lapsed policies or policies due for revival are not valid.
What are the charges to be paid for availing this facility?
* This facility is absolutely free for the policyholders of LIC.
* LIC has agreements with the authorized banks/service providers wherein LIC will pay a mutually agreed charge per transaction on monthly basis. Customer will not be charged for availing this payment facility
Which organisations are authorised to collect LIC premiums through their net-banking/phone-banking facility?
* Authorised Banks:-
o HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Punjab, UTI Bank, Federal Bank, Corporation Bank, and Citibank
* Authorised Service Providers (available only in select cities) :-
o BillJunction.com, Timesofmoney.com, and BillDesk.com.
Who can register with the authorised banks?
* You as our policyholder having a bank account with any of the above-mentioned authorized banks in any of its branches in India.
* You should have opted for the net-banking facility with the respective bank. Details of the same can be obtained from the respective bank through its web-site. Downloadable forms are also available for new customers.
* You should be able to access the net-banking account with the login & password provided by the bank.
* For more details about net-banking, you may log on to the respective bank’s website.
Who can register with the authorised service providers?
* You as our policyholder having a bank account in any bank in the select cities where the above-mentioned service providers have their operations.
* On being approached, the service provider obtains a written mandate from you, authorising him to realise the billed amount directly from your bank account. You may have to give the bank account details and other requisite details as required by the service provider.
In which cities do the authorised service providers operate from?
* BillJunction.com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad & Pune.
* TimesofMoney.com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, & Bangalore.
* BillDesk.com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Baroda & Surat. They also have tie-ups with their partner banks viz. Bank of Baroda, IDBI Bank, ABN-AMRO Bank.
How to add the policy details at the authorised bank/service provider’s web-site?
* Using the login & password provided by the bank/service provider, you can log on to your account page at the bank/service provider’s website
* You have to add LIC as biller with the policy details and other requisite information. In general, you would have to enter the policy number, the instalment premium, email-id and any other information. This is a one-time process for each policy.
* Some of the service providers/banks’ web-sites have a demo page showing the process of adding the billers.
How does LIC acknowledge the registered policy details?
* The bank/service provider sends these details to LIC for validation & confirmation of the registration data at pre-determined intervals.
* LIC validates the registration data and informs the bank/service provider about the registration status. Since LIC’s database is de-centralized, generally it takes a week’s time for confirmation of registration data.
* A consolidated database of registered policies is maintained by LIC. This database is updated at regular intervals on the basis of changes received from the original servicing branches.
* LIC also sends auto-mailers to the registered policyholders informing the registration status.
When can I pay the insurance premiums?
* On confirmation of the registration, LIC will regularly send the bills/invoices mentioning the due dates, premium amount, late fees, validity date, etc to the service provider/bank.
* As and when premium becomes payable under the registered policy, LIC sends the bills to the bank/service provider, and the information will be displayed by the bank/service provider in your net-banking account page.
How to pay the insurance premiums through the banks/service providers?
* You have to log on to the bank/service provider’s website.
* On the web page, you have to signify the date on which you want your account to be debited and click the consent for the payment. You may even specify a particular account in case of multiple bank accounts.
* The authorized Bank will debit your bank account, consolidate the payments and send the consolidated amount to LIC in form of bankers’ cheque / payorder.
* The authorized service provider will send the instructions to the bank branch (as mentioned in your mandate form) through the RBI’s Electronic Clearance System and the bank will debit your account and credit the same to the service provider’s bank account, who’ll then remit the amount to LIC.
* Some service providers have autopay facility (where you can issue standing instructions to the service provider to debit your account as when the bill becomes payable), or phone-banking facility (where the you can issue telephonic payment instructions)
How will the payment get accounted under the policy?
* All consolidated payments from the Banks/Service providers are received at LIC, Branch 883 (under Mumbai Divisional Office – I), Yogakshema (West Wing), Ground Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
* Through batch processing in Internet module, premium transactions & renewal premium receipts are generated for each policy number.
* Renewal premium receipts for the same are printed and dispatched by ordinary post.
* Premium transactions pertaining to branches other than Branch 883 are sent to the respective servicing branch through the present network programs.
* All unadjusted premium collections are refunded to the Service provider/bank. Emails will be sent to the registered policyholders’ email-ids informing the status of the registrations/payments.
What are the important points to be noted for availing this payment facility?
* Once registered for Premiums payments through Net-Banking/Phone-Banking, you should avoid paying at cash counters, because there are many instances where payment for the same due-month is received twice.
* Since renewal premium receipts are dispatched to the postal address as per your policy records, please ensure that your policy records are updated with your current address.
* In case you have not received the renewal premium receipt, you may collect the premium paid certificate from the servicing branch of your policy. Duplicate receipts cannot be printed in any case.
* Since we have de-centralized database structure, the collections are not adjusted online, the transaction has to reach the destination servicing branch of your policy for updation of the policy status. Hence there is short time-lag between the date of debit in your bank account and the date when the policy reflects the updated status.
LIC Online Payment ONLINE PAYMENT – LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA Life Insurance Corporation of India make the payment easy for LIC Policy holder, now you can pay online LIC premium and obtain the LIC services also. Through the portal ‘s on demand services just in few clicks. To avail LIC online payment facilty you have to become a registered customer which you can do online at LIC website by entering the policy details, premium amount, email id. If you are not registered don’t worry WE will give you tips to register or pay online LIC premium Once the policy number, insurance scheme, amount of premium, amount of sum assured are verified you will get an email from LIC to the email id of registration. Please Visit LIC website (LIC Officially website) www.licindia.in/epslogin.htm TO Register and follow steps. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to use LIC Online Payment facility : Once you have enrolled your policy(s), you can click on the link ‘Pay Premium Online’ to see a list of policies whose premium is due. You have a choice to select the policies for which you want to pay premium. You will be directed to a page where you can choose from multiple banks for payment and will be directed to the login page of the selected bank. It is essential that you have a net banking account with at least one of these banks. At the bank site you will need to login with your net banking user name/password. On successful login, the total amount to be paid by you towards LIC will be displayed. Please verify your balance (displayed) and confirm the transaction to the bank. Simultaneously successful/unsuccessful transaction message will be flashed. On successful transaction, a digitally signed e-receipt will be generated and e-mailed to you. In case of an unsuccessful transaction you will be informed and the reason thereof. List of bank that support LIC Online Payment You can use Net Banking accounts with any of the following banks:- * Bank of India * Union Bank of India * Punjab National Bank * State Bank of India * State Bank of Indore * HDFC Bank * ICICI Bank * Axis Bank * Citibank * IDBI Bank * Centurion Bank of Punjab (erstwhile Centurion Bank) * Centurion Bank of Punjab (erstwhile Bank of Punjab) * IndusInd Bank * ABN AMRO Bank * Kotak Bank * Bank of Baroda * Bank of Baroda – Retail NetBanking * Bank of Baroda – Corporate NetBanking * State Bank of Patiala * State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur * State Bank of Travancore * City Union Bank * Indian Overseas Bank * Karnataka Bank * Oriental Bank of Commerce * State Bank of Hyderabad * State Bank of Mysore * State Bank of Saurashtra * South Indian Bank * Yes Bank This facility is available for all non-ULIP policies. Credit card payments are not accepted under this payment facility. Notes: You have to create separate user id if you are enrolling policy for different persons. It is because the system will not allow you to enroll the policy if the profile birth date and enrolled policy holder’s birth date does not match. They also suggested to use the separate user id for each person.
- FAQs about Premium
- FAQs About Premium
- How to Pay Premium
- Pay lic premium direct
- How to change your LIC policy communication address online?
- How to Make LIC Premium Payment Without Login
- LIC Alternate Channels of Premium Collection
- LIC Premium using SBI Card
- Bank Accounts
- How to Revive LIC Policy