Que. 1 : Which of the below statement is correct with regards to the territorial jurisdiction of the Insurance Ombudsman?
1. Insurance Ombudsman has National jurisdiction
2. Insurance Ombudsman has State jurisdiction
3. Insurance Ombudsman has District jurisdiction
4. Insurance Ombudsman operates only within the specified territorial limits
Que. 2 : IGMS tracks complaints and the time taken for their redressal. The complaints can be registered at the following URL:
Que. 3 : _________________________ means service of any description which is made available to potential users and includes the provision of facilities in connection with banking, financing, insurance, transport, processing, supply of electrical or other energy, board or lodging or both, housing construction, entertainment, amusement or the purveying of news or other information.
Que. 4 : _________________________ means any person who Buys any goods for a consideration and includes any user of such goods. But it does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose.
Que. 5 : _________________________ means any allegation in writing made by a complainant that: an unfair trade practice or restrictive trade practice has been adopted the goods bought by him suffer from one or more defects the services hired or availed of by him suffer from deficiency in any respect price charged is in excess of that fixed by law or displayed on package goods which will be hazardous to life and safety when used are being offered for sale to the public in contravention of the provisions of any law requiring trader to display information in regard to the contents, manner and effect of use of such goods
Que. 6 : _________________________ means a dispute where the person against whom a complaint has been made, denies and disputes the allegations contained in the complaint.
2. Consumer dispute
Que. 7 : The awards by Ombudsman are governed by the following rules:
1. The award should not be more than Rs.20 lakh (inclusive of ex-gratia payment and other expenses)
2. The award should be made within a period of 3 months from the date of receipt of such a complaint, and the insured should acknowledge the receipt of the award in full as a final settlement within one month of the receipt of such award
3. All of the above
4. None of the above
Que. 8 : There are certain duties/protocols that the Ombudsman is expected to follow:
1. Recommendations should be made within one month of the receipt of such a complaint
2. The copies should be sent to both the complainant and the insurance company
3. Recommendations have to be accepted in writing by the complainant within 15 days of receipt of such recommendation
4. All of the above
Que. 9 : The award of ombudsman should not be more than Rs. _________________ (inclusive of ex-gratia payment and other expenses)
1. 30 lakhs
2. 15 lakhs
3. 20 lakhs
4. 10 lakhs
Que. 10 : The award should be made within a period of ______________ months from the date of receipt of such a complaint, and the insured should acknowledge the receipt of the award in full as a final settlement within one month of the receipt of such award
Click Here to view with Answer